Parkhill is a large modern bungalow and is located on the main route from Lochmaddy to Benbecula and an ideal base for your holiday. The bungalow is equipped with oil fired central heating throughout. Ample parking is available. Free Wifi is available. The accommodation comprises of the following: Rear entrance hall containing automatic washing machine and seperate tumble dryer. This leads onto the utility room which contains the chest freezer and ample storage space. The large family kitchen is the heart of the house, where you tend to spend the majority of the day when indoors. The kitchen contains a large dining table, electric hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and television as well as numerous fitted kitchen units. Large front entrance hall leading to the lounge and three bedrooms, one double, one twin and one single all newly refurbished with views over the moorland and lochs with Eval in the distance.
The family bathroom is fitted with a newly installed walk in shower and corner bath. Large newly refurbished lounge to the front with fantastic views over to Baleshare and Benbecula and on a clear evening views of the lighthouse on the Monach Isles. There is a TV, DVD and selection of children's DVDS and also books of local interest.
WHAT TO SEE & DO
Parkhill Self Catering is located on the main road between Lochmaddy and Benbecula and an ideal base for walkers, cyclists and fishermen with many freshwater and sea lochs nearby.
There are many interesting places to visit including, Trinity Temple in Carinish about a mile from Parkhill and Barpa Langass; Uist Outdoor Centre in Lochmaddy; Taigh Chearsabhagh Arts Centre, Museum, cafe and gift shop also in Lochmaddy. Kirkibost cafe is around 1 mile from the property and has internet access facilities. Also nearby is the Hebridean Smokehouse which produces smoked salmon. It has a viewing gallery and gift shop.
The Uist Community Riding School is based in Benbecula and caters for all ages and abilities. There is also a 9 hole golf club near to the airport at Benbecula with an 18 hole course at Askernish in South Uist.
There are also many beautiful beaches a favourite being hosta (photo below) which is on the west side of the island with miles of unspoilt white sand beaches for everyone to enjoy.
If you are lucky you may see red deer from your bedroom window as North Uist has a resident herd of red deer who are often coming to lower ground for grazing and are often seen around Parkhill.
We have enjoyed staying at this roomy, comfortable cottage. Thank you for the walks folder.
Parkhill Self Catering
INSIDE & OUT
Terms & Conditions
March - September
£480 per week
October - February
£450 per week
Christmas & New Year
£500 per week
Terms & Conditions
1. The let commences from 4pm on the day of your arrival and terminates at 10am on the day of your departure. Lets are on a weekly basis (Saturday to Saturday) but other arrangements can be made if necessary.
2. A firm booking is accepted following the receipt of a deposit of £100 which is non returnable.
3. The balance shall be payable 14 days before commencement of the letting period.
4. For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking.
5. Should a cancellation be made by the client, we will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. A refund will be made providing we are successful in re-letting the property. If the cancellation was less than 4 weeks prior to commencement of the let and we are unable to re-let the property then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the client. Clients are advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
6. Electricity, heating oil, linen and towels are included in the weekly tariffs quoted.
7. This is strictly a no smoking property.
8. Payments should be made by cheque and made payable to Mrs Katie Westmorland.
9. Please leave the property in a clean and tidy state.
10. Should there be any cause for complaint during the stay, please contact us immediately.